The main focus of the Human Resources Director role is to develop and execute Human Resources strategic objectives and initiatives to align with the overall corporate strategy. Specific responsibilities include policy development and administration; recruiting; training and development; performance management; health, safety and wellness; compensation management; payroll and benefits administration; WSIB claims management; and legislative compliance. This role also provides guidance, metrics and policy interpretation services and support to senior managers; and addresses employee concerns, investigates and responds, while nurturing a positive working environment.
- University degree; CHRL designation preferred
- In-depth knowledge of employment standards, health and safety, human rights legislation and HR best practices
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must possess excellent human relations skills; must be people-oriented
- Manages the Human Resources function and staff; assigns duties; provides guidance; evaluates performance.
- Provides qualified employees by developing and managing a recruitment, orientation and placement program.
- Manages and provides guidance on employee performance management programs.
- Acts as a resource for all Managers and Supervisors with employee relations and performance management issues. Facilitates meetings with employees and Supervisors/Managers to resolve conflict. Implements performance and attendance action plans. Monitors and follow up on action plans.
- Manages short- and long-term disability and return-to-work claims.
- Maintains equitable compensation by designing and administering pay and benefits programs.
- Manages the payroll function; establishes and manages a records management system; maintains confidentiality. Completes reports as required.
- Keeps employees informed by preparing and disseminating company communications.
- Serves as management representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee. Develops, coordinates and maintains health and safety program including H&S policies, procedures and injury statistics. Claims management of all work-related injuries. Liaise with WSIB and Ministry of Labour as required.
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by identifying and analyzing current circumstances; implements organizational development interventions; provides training programs; sources and manages funding for new employee and student training.
- Ensures organizational compliance with all employment-related laws and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Preferred)