We are not-for-profit seeking a Marketing Coordinator with a strategic drive and passion for excellence in all things that are innovative in marketing, advanced in social mediums and effective across multiple communication channels.
The ideal candidate can will be able to clearly express and communicate diverse messages across multiple traditional and digital mediums; keep an open mind and captivate audiences through unique and effective marketing projects, events & communications pertinent to our BIA.
This individual will be expected to implement planning functions on multiple, complicated and challenging projects and collaborations. The candidate must be a quick learner and be able to utilized their skill set and experience in digital marketing strategies, social media analysis and communications to obtain a complete understanding of the BIA and our strategic goals. They will then need to use this knowledge in executing the strategies developed to achieve the BIA's short and long term goals. Close attention to key industry trends and socio-economical impacts across all segments within the BIA is also required.
Attention to detail is a must along with exceptional organizational and project management skills. The candidate must also be able to effectively communicate their findings or recommendations to varying audiences inside and outside the BIA. Insights regarding innovative initiatives and tactics will be expected and welcomed.
This multi-disciplinary position requires working knowledge of business analytics, qualitative consumer research, web and social media analytics and optimal communication strategies dependent on the situation. Candidates must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in these disciplines.
- Continue development and execution of core processes that effectively obtain the BIA's goals and deadlines
- Construct competitive best practices in digital marketing and create benchmarks towards which the BIA can move towards.
- Conduct digital audits to document the BIA's online presence and assess the effectiveness of each channels' interactions
- Define and document requirements through business analysis, qualitative consumer research, and web analytics
- Define measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and site or program optimization
- Execution of quality control strategies implemented for all BIA content communicated to audiences, creative assets and collateral
- Support creation of monthly reporting that will communicate the results of digital & traditional marketing efforts to the Board
- Supplement content creation for BIA's social media channels and website
- Work with our members to identify business problems and challenges
- Work with our members to collect information, donations or collateral for events
- Work with the Executive Director to effectively market, coordinate and organize BIA events
- Digital & traditional media placement/buying and quoting
- Managing and create content for email newsletters and email marketing program
- Communicate creative asset requirements to designer
- Develop and support workshops for BIA members to use digital technology to enhance their overall digital presence, authority and online marketing tactics.
- Make updates to Wordpress website
- Provide support with special projects and initiatives to the Executive Director
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related subjects preferred.
3+ years of related experience in the following areas:
- Account or brand planning & management
- Marketing strategy
- Demonstrated social media, website, newsletter and email marketing content creation and scheduling
- Demonstrated social media data analysis
- Google AdWords certification, Google Adwords campaign creation and buying; and demonstrated analysis of AdWords data
- Experience in developing presentations
- Experience with Teamwork or Asana project management software
- Experience with MailChimp
- Experience with Hootsuite, integration of this software with social channels
- Experience working with creative resources and communicating current & future needs via work-back schedule creations
- Experience in the project management/coordination of creative assets design requirements
- Experience working with and managing third party contractors when required
- Experience creating, scheduling, analyzing Facebook, Instagram ads
- Complete understanding and inner workings of social channel(s) and website pixels
- Experience leveraging social or website engagement, conversions
- Excellent working knowledge of the Canva & Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Apps (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter, either verbally or in written form
- Experience with performing digital audits
- Detail and results oriented
- Deadline driven
- Extremely organized
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Commitment to learning
- Commitment to Small Business and willing to go above and beyond to complete the tasks at hand even if outside core duties
Desired candidate will be able to work on his or her own, have experience working for or with a Not-for Profit, conducting inventory & audit duties and have agency experience. Equivalent or similar experience and education will be considered.
*Note: Only candidates who qualify for the role will be contacted for interviews.
If you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume in the same PDF document with minimum salary expectations, the date you're available to start in the role; using the following naming convention CL_Resume_lastnamefirstname(E.g. CL_Resume_smithmary). Post will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
17th Ave Retail & Entertainment District BIA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants with the desired skill set regardless of age, sex, religion, disability, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Google Analytics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wordpress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agency: 2 years (Preferred)
- Google Adwords: 2 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)