Who We Want
We are currently taking applications for a highly-creative and self-motivated mechanical engineer with an entrepreneurial heart to join our transdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, researchers, and architects.
The ideal candidate is always creating new ideas, new systems, and asking "what's next?" You're comfortable with the early ambiguous stages of the innovation process, able to translate user insights into clever solutions, and can articulate ideas through compellingly clear visuals. You're willing to use your drive and creativity to push products and experiences to success. You balance technical and aesthetic considerations while staying up-to-date with emerging techniques, technologies, and materials.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international team of collaborators and becoming part of a growing venture studio, please send along your resume and relevant support materials.
Ideal applicants will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Full-time Mechanical Engineering position with 10XBeta, at New Lab, inside the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Candidate will be responsible for generating products and creative solutions for a wide range of innovation challenges. Both domestic and International travel will be required. Position includes paid vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary design team, developing a wide range of products from single component consumer goods to complex automated assemblies.
- Design products and assemblies for mass production, maintaining design intent, cost targets, and performance requirements.
- Create production-ready design packages, including 3D CAD files, Bill of Materials, Component drawings and Tolerance analysis.
- Stay up to date on new materials and process innovations, striving to deliver the best available solutions for each project
- Develop test fixtures and experimentation to determine system requirements and analyze design performance.
- 5-10 years' experience developing consumer products, machinery, or medical devices.
- Expert in Solidworks, building complex surfaces and multi-part mechanical assemblies
- Understanding of multi-part tolerancing and how to ensure components function in mass production.
- In-depth knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes from prototyping through high-volume production.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects across a variety of industries.
- Experienced working in a fabrication shop environment, building test fixtures, aesthetic prototypes, and proof of concept models
- Familiar with electronics prototyping platforms, sensors, circuits, and data acquisition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience.