10x Genomics ( http://www.10xgenomics.com/ ) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium(tm) System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x Genomics is also a rapidly growing company, topping the San Francisco Business Times' 2018 Fast 100 for fastest-growing revenue among private companies in the Bay Area. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com ( http://www.10xGenomics.com ).
Front-End Software Engineer
10x Genomics creates products that allow scientists to study the genome in new and more precise ways. Software is key to making these discoveries, and good visualization software is key to accelerating these discoveries.
If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, build, test, and ship production-ready software.
- Work with biologists to solve difficult user experience and visualization challenges.
- Develop reusable, well-tested UI components.
- Work alongside product managers to develop schedules and scope for regular releases.
Desired Skills and Background
- 2+ years shipping software.
- Specific experience developing visualizations in libraries such as Plotly or D3 are pluses.
- Specific experience working in other areas of a web stack a plus.
- Strong aesthetic sense.
Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Interest in the field is.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.