1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, and financial services enterprises; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Work on academically stimulating projects that are different from anything else you have ever worked on.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
Success in 1010data's 10 Week Summer Program means you had a direct effect on the business and helped evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
A Developer at 1010data creates large-scale analytics solutions; this includes designing the associated high-performance database structure, data transformations, and workflow processes.
1010data creates data analytics systems with a focus on rapid availability, easy data accessibility, and outstanding query performance.
This requires our developers to:
- Design and implement parallel processing systems that operate on multiple terabytes of data
- Build, tune and manage cloud-based applications
- Create technology solutions which have critical business impact
- STEM Students graduating December 2019 - Spring 2020
- An interesting internship or independent research project
- Evidence of technical footprint - GitHub, Stackoverflow, WordPress, BitBucket - or any other profiles you might have across the web.
- Demonstrated ability to write software programs to solve non-trivial problems (in any programming language) is required.
- understanding of parallel and distributed systems
- strong analytical, quantitative and deductive reasoning skills
- production experience on a customer-facing application is a big plus
- NoSQL experience is a plus
- SaaS experience is a plus
- passion for creating the best possible product
- capable of working independently toward shared goals
- positive, "roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- strong intellectual curiosity
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form