Who We Are:
Led by our CEO who was voted one of the the country's 50 best CEO's in the United States by Glassdoor, 1800Accountant is the country's largest virtual accounting firm serving over 40,000 clients. We serve the accounting needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. We are a next generation Accounting firm, focused on service and driven by technology! Using our Dedicated Accountant model, we build relationships based on integrity, responsiveness and solidarity, with the goal of making every client a client for life.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, our staff is a diverse team of seasoned and growing career accountants.
We are expanding our Bookkeeping Services Department to accommodate the needs of our growing client base. We are looking to hire competent and personable remote bookkeepers with experience working with multiple clients in a Business Services environment. This would be an ideal position for an ambitious and resourceful accounting professional who can build relationships with both clients and associates alike.
- Preparing monthly financial statements for clients
- Collaborate with each client to obtain supporting documents
- Maintain accurate ledgers by categorizing transactions to the correct accounts
- Monthly Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Managing a portfolio of clients with various levels of complexity
- Ability to stay on course to meet deadlines and client needs, including reporting
- Preparing quarterly and yearly closing entries
- Work with assigned team on building and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Work on ad hoc projects assigned by manager of accounting services
- Communicate with bookkeeping clients on a regular basis
- Minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience and relevant bookkeeping experience
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop and online, Gusto, Xero and/or other comparable platforms
- Comfortable with technology and other various platforms, such as MS Office, Skype, Zoom,VOIP & Google apps etc
- Must have proper workspace containing up to date computer equipment with high speed broadband internet
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills with both clients and team members
- Availability to follow standard workday hours to be able to work with clients, but some hours can be worked during evening/weekends (optional)
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Personable, friendly, and professional demeanor
- Has great initiative and can work independently on assignments
- Be able to work 30 hours per week during the off season; more hours would be required during the tax season
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in working remotely and developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Client-facing skills are extremely important! You must be able to communicate with our clients via phone and our message center in a timely manner
- Ability to learn our proprietary systems and adapt to new processes
- Diverse industry experience with small & medium size businesses
- Proven ability to remain confidential
- Experience working in an accounting firm
- Interest in learning and exploring new technologies
- Familiarity with payroll, payroll tax, and sales tax